SCENARIO: I currently own a duplex in Montreal where I reside in one of the two apartments. However, my circumstances have changed, and I now wish to rent out the second apartment in order to settle permanently in my chalet up North, which is located two hours away from my income property.
No problem ! We have solutions for managing and renting out your accommodation.
At Nid d’Amour we assist many landlords in similar situations who are no longer able to be physically close to their tenants to handle situations requiring immediate attention.
To provide more clarity, here are three answers to your most important questions to consider.
How can I handle an urgent situation, and do I really want to be the person responsible for them?
Emergency situations can occur at any time. Ideally, there won’t be any, but unfortunately, it isn’t always the case. Why not have a team capable of responding to all emergency situations, regardless of the time of day or night? Nid D’amour offers provides a 24/7 telephone service for your tenants to contact whenever needed, 365 days a year.
How can I ensure that I find a good tenant?
The tenant qualification process should include the following:
- Verifying of the Credit bureau.
- Verifying the employment, salary, income stability and length of employment with the same employer.
- verifying the salary-to-rent ratio.
- Verifying the composition of the tenant’s household.
- Checking rental references.
I have always maintained good relations with my tenants. Should I expect the same from a management company?
Absolutely. Not only can we do the same, but we prioritize it. This way of working is Nid D’amour’s unique proposition to property owners is our commitment to building strong relationships with each tenant we manage. Our building management model is based on personalized 1-on-1 service. As we specialize in managing smaller properties, we focus on fostering close relations between tenants and the management company, ensuring that the tenants do not feel a difference between their real homeowner and us handling the management. Here are some specific actions we take to achieve this goal:
- Initial contact by phone.
- Sending a personalized letter with all the contact information and the reasons to reach out to us.
- In-person meeting within the first three months of management.
- Sending a thank you letter at the end of each year with a small gift.
If you are seeking expert advice on partnering with a management company like ours, do not hesitate to contact us for additional advice.